Recently, in December of 2012, Congress accepted a step that restored a tax credit for installing particular HVAC units. This legislation was approved as a component of the round of legislation that was authorized to steer clear of the “Fiscal Cliff”. The 25C tax refund allows homeowners to declare approximately $FIVE HUNDRED in tax credits if they install units that comply with certain needs. Your certified HVAC contractor can assist you to choose the appropriate systems for setup to guarantee that you qualify for this rebate.
The refund applies to those systems installed from January 1, 2012 to the end of 2013. If you currently set up a new furnace check to see if you certify.
In order to apply for this rebate devices installed must fulfill the following needs:.
1. Split heating and central air conditioning systems: At the very least 16 Seasonal Power Effectiveness Ratio (SEER) and 13 Energy Efficiency Proportion (EER) rating.
2. Packaged central air conditioning conditioners: A minimum of 14 SEER and 12 EER.
3. Outdoor air source warmth pumps: At least 15 SEER and 12.5 EER and 8.5 heating season performance element (HSPF).
4. Packaged heating pump systems: A minimum of 14 SEER and 12 EER and 8 HSPF.
5. Heating systems: Natural gas, propane or oil AFUE 95 % or better.
SO, if your furnace, heat pump or air conditioning unit is in need of replacement, now is the time to do it. You can obtain a new, efficient system put up and Uncle Sam will pony up for a component of the price. Not just will you conserve cash on the new setup, you will conserve money in fuel and electric expenditure as a result of the greater efficiency of your HVAC unit. The new unit will likely require much less maintenance and repair work and will have the better durability and reliability of a new HVAC unit. Plus the heater upgrade will put into the convenience of your residence along with it’s worth.
To verify that this tax credit will apply to you, you must get in touch with your tax advisor. When you prepare to upgrade, give us a call, inform us you are interested in the tax refund and we could insure that the systems we set up will certainly qualify. Our AC repair specialists are experienced at exactly what they do. The furnace and/or air conditioning will certainly be properly installed to the highest requirements.